11.01.2005

wheel of steel

I am finally (almost a month after paying for the thing) the proud owner of a used Stanton STR8-100 turntable. So far it appears to be in pretty good condition, though the platter is not entirely level. I've been messing with the pitch and speed settings and, of course, making the occasional timid scratch. Not that I intend to do much scratching. But it's sure as hell fun to mess with records.
Overall my creative output has been more or less stalled out. My personal life has gone radically off the rails as of last week so I'm still trying to figure out a bunch of crap related to that. Comparatively, making music and stickers and photographs doesn't really hold a lot of interest. So for all zero of you readers I apologize that not much interesting is going on in this space. Hopefully things will change soon.

No comments: